Each year, Canada’s Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics recruits approximately 30 exceptional science graduates for an immersive, 10-month physics boot camp: Perimeter Scholars International (PSI) This unique Master’s program seeks not only students with stellar undergraduate physics track records, but also those with diverse backgrounds, collaborative spirit, creativity, and other attributes that will set them apart as future innovators.
Features of the program include:
• Fully-funded program - removing financial and/or geographical barriers to entry. Students will be provided with: full tuition, accommodation, meals, living stipend, health insurance, book and materials, necessary IT equipment, and travel supplement.
• The PSI program will expose students to the full breadth of theoretical physics in courses taught by world-leading theoretical physicists - Perimeter researchers and visiting scientists.
• Collaboration is valued over competition; deep understanding and creativity are valued over rote learning and examination
• PSI recruits worldwide: 85 percent of students come from outside of Canada
• PSI takes calculated risks, seeking extraordinary talent who may have non-traditional academic backgrounds but have demonstrated exceptional scientific aptitude
Applications are due by February 1, 2018. Apply online.
Emmy Noether Visiting Fellowships
Perimeter is currently accepting applications for Emmy Noether Visiting Fellowships. This program is specifically designed to support outstanding women physicists who wish to pursue research at Perimeter while on leave from their home institutions, for periods of up to one year.
The Fellowships are central to Perimeter’s efforts to support women physicists. Perimeter promotes an inclusive, welcoming culture, and a family-friendly workplace. The program is flexible, allowing Fellows to shape their visits in ways that suit their research and lives. Individually tailored to each recipient, the Fellowship may provide financial and organizational support such as:
• teaching buy-outs
• salary support or top-up
• local expenses
• return transportation and research-related travel
• reimbursement for childcare and assistance with finding childcare
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by January 15, 2018; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Centre for the Universe Launch
Join us for a live webcast on November 20, 2017 from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm EST for the launch event of the Centre for the Universe at Perimeter. Tune in here
The event will include talks by renowned cosmologists and the announcement of new honorific research fellowships to support exceptional emerging scientists.
Speakers will include:
• James E. Peebles (Albert Einstein Professor Emeritus of Science at Princeton),
• Rashid A. Sunyaev (Director of the Max Planck Institute for Astrophysics),
• William E. East (Director’s Fellow at Perimeter Institute).
We hope you will enjoy being a part of this exciting occasion through our live webcast of the launch.
Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
31 Caroline Street North, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 2Y5, Canada
Charitable Registration No. 889814323 RR0001
You received this email because you are subscribed to Scientific Conferences and Positions emails from
Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.
Update your email preferences to choose the types of emails you receive.