question 4

מנהל: gedalin

שלח תגובה
reuvenk
הודעות: 6
הצטרף: 23:52 22/11/2009

question 4

שליחה על ידי reuvenk » 00:00 23/11/2009

I believe the general approach should be coriolis, yet I'm uncertain as to the detalis which should be considered:
1. Is 60 degrees the angle between the radiuses from the Earth's center to the equator and to the 60 degrees latitude?
2. can I assume that 1 km is at the same latitude, meaning that there is no difference between the shooter and the target (basically, can the aproach be as though it is a regular cylinder, with someone shooting from the bottom up)?
3. if all the above is tru, I was nevertheless able to come up with impossible answers, although I believe that my method of solution was logical...it seemed that the movement of the target on the y-axis was double that of the bullet...
4. I hope that you and yours are doing well professor and that you're absence today was not for any unfortunate reason.

gedalin
הודעות: 1534
הצטרף: 18:16 12/04/2007

Re: question 4

שליחה על ידי gedalin » 14:15 23/11/2009

reuvenk כתב:I believe the general approach should be coriolis, yet I'm uncertain as to the detalis which should be considered:
1. Is 60 degrees the angle between the radiuses from the Earth's center to the equator and to the 60 degrees latitude?
2. can I assume that 1 km is at the same latitude, meaning that there is no difference between the shooter and the target (basically, can the aproach be as though it is a regular cylinder, with someone shooting from the bottom up)?
3. if all the above is tru, I was nevertheless able to come up with impossible answers, although I believe that my method of solution was logical...it seemed that the movement of the target on the y-axis was double that of the bullet...
4. I hope that you and yours are doing well professor and that you're absence today was not for any unfortunate reason.
קו הרוחב 60 - הזווית מציר z הינה 30
יורים בכיוון הצפון, אבל המרחק הרבה יותר קטן מרדיוס כדור הארץ
אם זה קוריאוליס אז נכנסת מהירות זוויתית של כדור הארץ

שלח תגובה

חזור אל “- פיסיקה 1 לסטודנטים של פיסיקה”